Friday, March 23, 2007

Great time of year, as long as you don't mind the mud.


Theres something about spring that makes everything so happy. Some of the song birds have been back for a little while and the ones who are late will be here within the next few weeks. Even the skunks have been up for a week or two. I know it's a season of change, one that people seem to relate with a new beginning. Easter is in the spring, that was an ending the way I look at it. The snow is gone, there's another one. But none of that matters. We open our windows, shake off the dust of winter and get ready to embrace the sun, and warm weather.

I am not immune to the powers of spring either. I feel more creative, and I have much more energy (I swear I have S.A.D sometimes). My aspirations grow to new heights. I never want to be inside.

I find myself wanting to start up my Jeep, take off the top and just go cruising. This year I have a lot of work to do before that happens though.

Even my music changes with the seasons. You'll notice that as I go through my writings. For instance I was listening to Incubus this morning. I haven't listened to them in nearly two years now. That was before they were even really popular.

I have been looking forward to this Spring more than any other in as long as I can remember. I started birding last fall and now that the song birds are back I have been enjoying it. But its not just about watching them. In fact that is not even the part I enjoy the most. I love taking pictures of them. I want to photograph as many different species as I can. I love doing it.

I'm off on holiday in an hour or two and I will be back with lots to talk about I am sure. Maybe I will get into dreams. Its been a long time since I have done that.

Its a good time of year for all here in New England, as long as you don't mind the mud.
Its a good time of year for all here in New England, as long as you don't mind the mud.

No comments: